• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

manirelli 39 months ago

Hi Everyone!

In an effort to cut down on all the new threads asking for upvotes on the contest build guides I've made this thread to consolidate the requests. Any threads made specifically asking for upvotes outside of this one will be deleted. Additionally, if you are spamming comments asking for upvotes those will be removed as well. If it comes up in a conversation that is perfectly fine but simply posting "hey great content, check out my build guide here:" or signing every comment with a request for upvotes on your guide will not be tolerated. If you have any other questions or concerns please post in here and let me know. Otherwise, let's see some guides in here and reasons why you think yours is the best!

EDIT: Threads that have already been posted will not be deleted based on this criteria.

Comments Sorted by:

tiny_voices 4 Builds 3 points 39 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/guide/fLdnTW/msi-build-your-dream-pc-guide-everything-in-moderation

Here is mine. If it wins it will be built and auctioned off and the proceeds will go to a charity that helps underprivileged kids get access to computers.

Blackink 3 Builds 1 point 39 months ago

If it wins it will be built and auctioned off and the proceeds will go to a charity that helps underprivileged kids get access to computers.

I love how this mind thinks !!!!

tiny_voices 4 Builds 1 point 39 months ago

Thanks!

[comment deleted]
Xorex64 1 point 39 months ago

Mines isnt the best. I made the list using the rules and made it so that it would be best for ME. Its a true custom build (minus the video card, i would have listed a gigabyte G1 gaming, but MSI siad you must use theirs so yeah).

Its here And its also the least bit unique, as the name doesnt have "dragon" in it

Deci 1 Build 1 point 39 months ago

Deci's build

Went for aesthetics combined with performance, and managed to fit a decent 1440p/60fps IPS monitor in to take advantage of the 980ti. Kinda pointless to have such an overpowered GPU at 1080p. Black and white build for its simplicity and style, with a case (use the same case for my current build) that manages to hide the unsightly PSU and most the cables. Overspent on the RAM purely for looks.

Spare $40-50 to throw in sleeved cables and white LEDs. I have a cheap $15 strip in my current computer and it looks fantastic with the Air 540.

GentlemanShark 1 Build 1 point 39 months ago

This is mine. I think I'm the only one who did a full custom loop.

tiny_voices 4 Builds 1 point 39 months ago

This is a great idea but I feel like this post is a bit too late. I'm not picking on you guys at all as I know you are doing your best, but even now, one of the front runners has a comment plugging his build in basically every single other entry. It's a bit too late. I feel those posts should all be removed if this is to be considered any kind of fair. I know you all are learning as well during this whole process and hopefully the next one of these goes way smoother. Thanks for everything and doing the best job you can.

ComputerSaysNo 1 Build 1 point 39 months ago

My humble build

It's an alright build, probably not going to win bc not much publicity but I think it's a nice black and white pc setup and the USP is the color scheme, sleeved cables and GPU backplate.

Mine also doesn't have dragon in the name.

IwannaPC 11 Builds 1 point 39 months ago

I don't really care if I win or not... I just made it because why not?

http://pcpartpicker.com/guide/HHqqqs/msi-build-your-dream-pc-guide-extreme-all-rounder

rhali8 2 Builds 1 point 39 months ago

VOTE ME FOR PRESIDANT!

Anything is better than trump. ;D

noap7 1 point 38 months ago

*PRESIDENT

You've lost my vote.

rhali8 2 Builds 1 point 38 months ago

RIP spelling.

Richard912 1 point 39 months ago

Hey check my build out I know I won't win on upvotes but I want people to check it out and comment it anyway. http://pcpartpicker.com/guide/XxTwrH/msi-build-your-dream-pc-guide-titanium-dragon

Dylan7007 1 point 39 months ago

My build guide is here I don't plan on donating it to charity like a ton of people are doing hopefully not just as a reason to win. I'm obviously going for the randomized prize since I'm a bit late and have like no upvotes, I doubt I'll win by upvotes but if you want to it's always appreciated.

herefordacontest 1 point 39 months ago

My only hope...

AceBalthazar 4 Builds 1 point 39 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/THnTwP/msi-build-your-dream-pc-guide-aluminum-inquisitor

my entry to the contest. i figured I'd go ahead and do one

Hackwood 1 Build 1 point 39 months ago

Mine's been up for a few days and hasn't gotten any attention. I would love it if you checked it out.

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/w2j48d/msi-build-your-dream-pc-guide-who-needs-red-anyway

MacGoreth 1 Build 1 point 39 months ago

+1 for the build mate. I see you are using the msi logo as DP for that extra luck hehe best of luck :)

I need anything I can get!

Chuck38 3 Builds 1 point 39 months ago

I don't think you'll like mine then...

Matthewtina2015 2 Builds 1 point 39 months ago

HEY THERE!

Can you please check it out, leave some feedback, and drop a like...please?...pretty please?...with a cherry on top?...

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/kXhPxr/msi-build-your-dream-pc-guide-white-aurora

SnowFlakeZ 1 Build 1 point 39 months ago
manirelli staff submitter 8 Builds 1 point 39 months ago

None of those are guides

Pcjulian12343 1 point 39 months ago

*Cries super hard

[comment deleted by staff]
Pcjulian12343 1 point 38 months ago

Yes, thank you very much

theonetim 2 Builds 1 point 39 months ago

My build

I tried to go for something a little different and manage a 980Ti SLI setup. I'm really curious to see what people think of the compromises that had to be made to fit that into the budget, and look forward to comments :)

Brood550 1 Build 1 point 39 months ago

Heads up. Your build is over $2000 now.

theonetim 2 Builds 1 point 38 months ago

Thanks, I just had a discussion with someone on the build about this, it looks like the problem stems from your settings not allowing all merchants, or including tax at some merchants. For example, my build uses Microcenter pricing to save on the CPU and bring the price to about $1985. I believe this is legal, but any clarification would be great.

Brood550 1 Build 1 point 38 months ago

My build uses a microcenter price but it's not listed as "in-store only". I think it has to do with the "in-store pickup only" on the 6600K. Because I have mine set to show the cheapest price.

theonetim 2 Builds 1 point 38 months ago

That could well be it, since it only uses in store pricing if you are close enough to a store. For example, your build shows the SSD and CPU with in store pricing for me, but I assume probably doesn't for you. Still no idea on the legality of this, we'll see if Manirelli chimes in, otherwise I'll message him.

rhali8 2 Builds 1 point 38 months ago

I probably should've patented my contest advertising thread :P

tomtomj2 9 Builds 1 point 38 months ago

I have a question, the GPU that I picked went out of stock, if I were to win the random drawing would my build be disqualified because it has no price for the GPU?

dphillips157 1 point 38 months ago

like my build.............oh wait

It doesn't exist

because I'm not mainstream

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
GreenBeanPie 1 point 38 months ago

A hipster admitting being a hipster? Is that allowed?