add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Why I've lost faith in humanity

johngerges582
  • 51 months ago

So I was flipping through some channels, and came across some channel dedicated to infomercials. So I saw something titled "The World's Most Simple PC". {This](http://www.telikin.com/) this thing is a disgrace to computers everywhere.

So anyways this thing is supposed to make a computer really simple for old people. That was what the guy on the other side of the TV said anyways.

Take a fisher price computer, add a touch screen and actual computer parts, and you get this.

For the low low price of $1,079.00 you can get all this: 21.5” (16:9), 1920 x 1080 Touch Panel

Intel 1037U Celeron dual core processor

2GB DDR3 Memory

32GB Solid State drive

3W Stereo speakers with SRS technology

1.0MP webcam with microphone

4 USB ports, 2 USB 2.0, 2 USB 3.0

4 in 1 memory card reader (optional)

1 HDMI out

Wireless 802.11 b/g/n

Wired keyboard and mouse WITH LARGE PRINT!!!!!

I get to be abducted by aliens first when they come...

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

i thought this was going to be a deep sociological thread that i could get behind and rant on.

but yeah, that computer is not allowed within 100 meters of any of my family members

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Is that a nahalem Celeron?

Get that out, right now

[comment deleted]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes. I did.

[comment deleted]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree. Its possible to make a better one for maybe cheaper.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

WHAT.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Seems like an awesome lady

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

most likely, to seniors

It is.

My problem with this is that one of their selling points were, "computers now a days are all business oriented, and are too complicated". That whole statement was complete crap.

If my Dad can work around Windows 7 with no problem, than anyone should. And I mean anyone.

If the majority of the price is based on the OS, then why is there like an $800 touch screen "optimized" system?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube