add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

The New Star Wars Battlefront

johngerges582
  • 56 months ago

Anybody really pumped for this game??

Kind of looking for what everyone else thinks of this upcoming game.

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm always pumped for anything star wars!.

That being said I'm disappointed there will be no story or space battles and I'm a bit worried its going to be battlefield with a star wars skin.

Edit: My bad comment double posted for some reason and now that I really think about it both games have always been really similar.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

This was what the game was supposed to be until Disney came along.

Since DICE is making it it's gonna look and sound amazing, but it's basically a battlefield reskin from what I see right now.

Although I can't really make a full decision until the actual game comes out.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

... That was depressing, Knowing all that will never happen. Are you going to try the beta?

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I had Starwars Battlefront 2 on my PSP. Matter of fact I still do! It's extremely fun and very well made! Too bad I only had a demo lol!

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha loved the original battlefront games. Spent my childhood playing them.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.sharethisnow.co/lol/7-things-you-should-never-say-to-a-star-wars-fan/

OMG I loved this! Screw you Disney! I mean, great job with the Lion King, but Star Wars was fine till you made some templar crap lightsaber in which you could just slice the mini sabers off.

claps and cries

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I really hope it is good, but it's looking like it is rushed out (with the new movie and such).
Also the fact that it does not have a single player campaign/story while they will likely ask a full retail price for it, is a big no-no for me. It would mean you'll need a stable internet connection and if the servers fail, as they tend to do in the first weeks/months after release, you simply can not play the game.

It's mainly this last thing that might be a deal breaker for me since I really don't like what the online gaming experience has become and do enjoy some story in my games. I do like the concept of them looking at events just next to what the movie showed, but it would seem there is a lot of potential there to develop some untold stories on both rebel and imperial side.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm pumped and the pre-order is more than likely - based on how good the beta is....

Beta runs from 8th -12th October - pre-load available from the 7th.

System Minimum Specs have just come out: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/star_wars_battlefront_system_requirements/1

Glad I've just finished my new build specifically made to play the new Star Wars and Fallout 4 found here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/MrjcCJ

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

16GB RAM and Windows 10 or later (really EA, "or later"?) recommended? Seems like their recommended specs are all over the place... Looks lik this is going to be either more demanding than The Witcher 3 or just another bad port (or they are already covering their *sses in case the game runs poorly: "we recommended 16GB and you seem to only have 8").

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think it's gonna be a bad port, since DICE is making it.

But those specs are unreal

Really, a 6500 and 16gbs or ram???

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Good point.

The more I look at it, the more it would seem the specs are inflated. Surely, most people are running a machine that is under recommended specs one way or another and I'd be surprised if they don't know this.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Im thinking awesome battlefield game play with tons of DLC and pay to advance bs that makes the game pointless for anyone not looking to spend $100+ on it... just like battlefield...

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I got battlefield for 6 dollars off ebay when a guy had a code from an AMD Video Card, I got the premium for 10 dollars on a sale and got all the dlc for free. I payed 16$ for like everything in that game... xD

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

i got the game on a sale for like $30 for the edition that came with the china rising expansion a year after it came out and have seen the premium go as far as $20 but not less yet :/

when you jump in a year late, it really sucks being the only guy running around with open sights on base weapons against people with litterally every item in game who can one shot you in a storm, under smoke, with a smg, from half a map away...

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

The royalties that EA are going to have to be paying to Disney is going to take a serious chunk out of their profits. And with projected sales at 7 million it doesn't seem very hopeful they're going to make back what they planned. I wouldn't expect a sequel and I would expect heavy involvement of micro transactions.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, no. Disney probably ruined it. I reckon it will be more like Battlefield than Battlefront. Still, it might be good. I still play Battlefront 2, and its loads of fun...

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Can't wait to get the beta tomorrow!

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

When I was looking at footage of it, the animations looked super weird and the hero lines just sounded retarted

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

The recommended requirements suggest 16GB of RAM, I thought 8GB was good enough for gaming? http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefronts-pc-system-requirements-reve/1100-6431176/

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

What is the game going to do with 16gb of ram anyways. As far as I'm concerned 8gb should be fine for now.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Based on these requirements I wonder what the next Battlefield requirements will be?

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

This is the next Battlefield basically...

Except with lasers.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

True :D

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

16 gigs is to cover their bad port and resulting memory leaks. Now you can play for 10 minutes before you have to reboot!

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

It's originally made for pc, than dumbed down for consoles. Maybe it's just a hungry game.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Meh

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I already preload this beta game on 2 of my PCs. Waiting for it to go online today around 11 Am. In videos it doesn't look like it's a BF game in different skin but more of MOH2010 & the latter is still one of my favorite game so hopefully this is good. The only thing I don't like is EA's Origin. I prefer Steam. EA promised though that there's no microtransaction on their latest game.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Same here. Preloaded and ready to go. Heck, even made an Origin account just to try the beta while I hate companies forcing their own DRM programs on you (Origin, Uplay, ...).

Frankly, I'm not really a Battlefield player (the gameplay does look similar in my inexperienced eyes, but what do I know :P ), but I really want this to be good. Figured the beta is the best opportunity to try and see if it clicks.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Found this on the pcmasterrace reddit.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm super excited for it, but no space battles or story mode temper my enthusiasm. And "Battlefield reskin" doesn't make me feel good.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

So is this game REALLY going to take 16gb of ram, or are they just being paranoid?

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

No. you can play this game with 4gb even.

From what I see, 8gb is still plenty for now.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Pre ordered. Ready for it.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

But why?

It's not like you're getting a discount or something...
And since it's digital, they won't run out of copies. Preordering games is basically giving them money before they actually delivered a decent, fully functional product.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

i dont normally do it but my wife wants the shirt keyring and mug lol. i just get the game

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, the EB collectors pack... I thought you were talking about a digital preorder.

Though I personally wouldn't pay $60 extra for those gadgets, I can relate to you (or your wife) wanting them :)

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

For once the problem isn't EA... I mean they are still gonna have a buttload of DLC's but still

Anyways I'm blaming Disney for this. Disney rushed the game to be relased at a certain date to raise hype for the new movie(which will also probably suck).

Being a hardcore star wars nerd, and being involved in all the eu stuff this is kinda disappointing to say the least.

[comment deleted]
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I gave up all hope when I saw the new lightsaber.

[comment deleted]
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Holy crap I just fell out of my chair when I saw the Jesus one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djsfIj03jDk

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I felt the same with Marvel.... so sad...

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm just gonna play Battlefront 2.

Just cause screw you Disney, and EA for ruining one of my favorite things of all time.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I just watched some footage of the survival feature.

Im probably gonna end up buying it because its a star wars game. I just hope a 960 can handle it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube