add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Power for XFX 280x

SeaGuardiian
  • 55 months ago

Hey guys the 280x says it needs a 750w psu to power the card is this true? And im gonna overclock. Can you pick a good PSU to pair with this? My budget would probably be around $60. I know i should spend more on it but I dont have the money right now. TIA!

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

No, it doesnt NEED 750w. They are recomending 750w. That number will gurantee that not only can it be reasonably over clocked, but you will be running at a good point in the power curve of the psu for maximum longevity and efficiency. you can run that card on alot less, but dont go too low or you may stress a smaller psu alot more and may end up with issues. Keep it over 650w, but 750w is not an expensive size to buy anyway.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Hows the B1? i like that it has fully black sleeves and the same price as the B2.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

The b1 is garbage. Get the b2.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey guys the 280x says it needs a 750w psu to power the card is this true?

not remotely. AMD just like to write that on all their cards above mid range.

And im gonna overclock. Can you pick a good PSU to pair with this? My budget would probably be around $60. I know i should spend more on it but I dont have the money right now. TIA!

if you're not running intel's HEDT platform or AMD's AM3+, go with the xfx TS 550 bronze. should be right around $60 and will power any build with a single 280X on sockets 1155, 1150, 1151, FM2/FM2+. if you can't afford a good or sufficient psu you're better off not buying anything. it's bad practice.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube