add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can you buy 24-Pin CABLES, not extensions?

RoxasForTheWin

53 months ago

im repurposing a old power supply for a new build but the motherboard cable is very sensitive and won't turn on the computer unless the cable is in a very certain position. I have looked everywhere for cables, but they are all extensions (I bought a extension but it didn't help) so is there anyway I can buy a new one? The psu is a NEX650g (I know it's not bad but not good, I just need a cable) Thank you!!

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

rma the thing to evga.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't have the receipt or anything. Would this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0025VKUN4/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER) if I have a motherboard extension cable?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

that is a sff cable set for silverstone's power supplies. they aren't universal and apparently aren't compatible with the nex650.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, I just thought that the 24-pin cable would work (as it's the only cable I actually need) Do you know of any universal 24pin cables that I could buy by them self?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

everything I can find is an extension. what exactly is wrong with the connector?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

The cable only seems to work in certain configurations, and I can only get it to turn on for a split second. The power supply and motherboard work perfectly. I got the power supply from an old build so the warranty is long gone

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube