add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

It'll get close, but remember that the FX-6300 can also be overclocked.. Essentially making it useless to get a 860K for OC.

Plus, the FM2+ platform looks to be dead now. AMD has shifted to the AM3+...

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha nooooooooooooo...lol am3 plus is a dead socket as well as it is older than the fm2 platform. But your right becuase fm2 is a dead socket as well Amd is going to release their apus AND cpus on the fm3 platform in 2016. But amd has also announce that they were using the fm2 socket until 2016

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks thinking about an 8350. Regarding your amd socket statememt: Haha nooooooooooooo...lol am3 plus is a dead socket as well as it is older than the fm2 platform. But your right becuase fm2 is a dead socket as well Amd is going to release their apus AND cpus on the fm3 platform in 2016. But amd has also announce that they were using the fm2 socket until 2016

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Well they've stopped promoting the last of the FM2+ chips (not the APU's) now... Lots of stress on the mid-grade 6300 because it really is a budget powerhouse..

I don't recommend FM2+ unless you need an APU... The latest Kaveri APU's are amazing..

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I have 3 questions As I am Also going to be doing music Production in Music Production(FL Studio),Games(sometimes), General Usage, Video Editing here and there, Sometimes do Streaming(maybe later), Heavy, Heavy Muiltiasking: 1. Is that 8350 cpu good enough to keep for 2-3 more year to produce on it??? 2. Would you recommend intel instead?? 3. Is this good enough??? Here are the system specs: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. I'd say the 8350 will be fine for the next 2 years or so. It's a very powerful CPU for the money and holds up very well in rendering.

2. It can still be overclocked and pushed quite far on water cooling if you need to squeeze more power out of it. Intel makes sense if you have the money to spend, but you can always upgrade in the future when newer processors are released.

3. Looks good! I'd upgrade that power supply to a 600w though, just to be safe!

Have fun! I'm getting an SSD soon, and they truly do help with boot times!

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you C4C for helping me i decided to go with the 750w corsair cx bronze atx power supply thank you you have been a big help!!!!!! And i hope you have an ssd by now becuase if not you are missing out!!!!! Those things are mosnters of speed and some of the best bank for buck upgrades a pc has to offer and your computer should be more responsive as well. for an ssd i recommend that you refer to here this should really help your decision: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v05BNerreD8

Thank you i hope i could help you as well!!!

[comment deleted]
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought it was the other way round

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

That was right before they announced new APU chips.. Doesn't bother me since I'm already upgrading to a FX-8320

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube