add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Temperature issue, I hav an h100i pro and it really not enough I think. Also im not trying to over clock till in the future.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. What kind of temps are you seeing?

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

In idle between 30 and 40. Ig I say that’s bad because I upgraded from a i5-9600K and maybe I’m not used to that kind of temperatures

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. Idle temps generally don't mean too much, however a 9900K being around 30C is in no way a big deal. Surfing the web, replying to you, etc my 9700K is 'idle' around 35C (OC'd at 5.0Ghz with a bunch of browser windows going), under a Dark Rock 4 heatsink and fan.

2. If your temps are not getting near 80C-90C under load, you should be just fine.

3. The CPU is designed to work up to 95-100C before it beings to throttle. Obviously you don't want this, nor do you want your daily operating temps to be that high, so 30-40C, is really nothing, and your 280mm AIO isn't flexing any muscles to achieve those temps (most likely -if there is no thermal paste, it might be working harder than expected to maintain those temps).

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Yh like I said before I’m not a genius in temperature especially in the i9-9900K since it’s a new cpu for me

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem, we're trying to help. =)

Keep an eye on your temps for sure, if you want to see what your CPU is like under load, you could monitor temps while running Cinebench (for a short test), or RealBench (for a longer test).

I'd recommend using something like HWINFO, or even CORE TEMP to see what your CPU is up to, though RealBench sorta tells you while it's running.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube