• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

Lobsterareawesome 8 Builds 1 point 22 months ago

The g4560 will actually still perform quite well in GTA V. Havent seem any benchmarks in Cities skyline. And yes: if you like ashes of the singularity the g4560 is not a good choice.

mrrickulus 1 point 22 months ago

The fact that a bottleneck exists in any given scenario is a problem for an entry-level gamer. Yes, there will always be some bottleneck, but they should all be mitigated to the best of your ability when building for someone new. If they are just taking on the hobby, they shouldn't get stuck with a 6 month plan to upgrade. They should have a gaming experience they can enjoy for a while, receiving every bit of performance they paid for in every scenario. I know this point is highly opinionated, which is why I chose to mention it only briefly, but you brought me down this rabbit hole XD. Either way, the bottleneck is there and was good to mention nonetheless. Especially when you are spending $100 or more extra for performance gains you won't always receive.

Lobsterareawesome 8 Builds 2 points 22 months ago

Well a 3 GB version is still better than a 1050 Ti and should not be bottlenecked by the g4560 ;)

mrrickulus 1 point 22 months ago

That is irrelevant considering they used a 1060 6GB. Which is why I was contesting the legitimacy of calling it an "Entry-level" build. What's more, my point was mainly keeping the price around $500. The 1060 3GB would still be closer to $600. I feel that $500 is the best price for "Entry-level". Either way the 1060 3GB would not be bottlenecked. Whether that is relevant to the current topic is debatable.

Lobsterareawesome 8 Builds 1 point 22 months ago

yeah true... 500$ is a better target