• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

boofheadfred 1 Build 7 points 32 months ago

That's not true. One example of this is the Corsair RM series. The 550 and 650 watt units are excellent, with good ripple control, high quality caps etc, yet the 750 watt unit uses sub par caps and generally underperforms for its price point.

vagabond139 5 Builds 2 points 32 months ago

True. The kilowatt one is also the worse out of all of them. Anyways I doubting the 550 watt Capstone G is better than the 1200 watt one given how most bigger PSU's are better than or equal to the smaller ones and plus it doesn't have a review out for it so the odds are stacked against it and wouldn't be anything I would take a chance on.

johngerges582 1 point 32 months ago

One example of this is the Corsair RM series. The 550 and 650 watt units are excellent, with good ripple control, high quality caps etc, yet the 750 watt unit uses sub par caps and generally underperforms for its price point.

That's actually false. Unless you are referring to the old Chicony models.

The CWT 750/850 models use the same platform as the RMx. The only difference is the lack of type4 cables and extra vsense wires.

LemonComputers 1 point 32 months ago

That's actually false. Unless you are referring to the old Chicony models.

The RM (non X or i) is Chicony manufactured.

johngerges582 1 point 32 months ago

As of April 2015 The RM 750/850 is CWT. While the entire RM line is no longer being made, all RM units being sold have come out of the CWT factory.

http://www.orionpsudb.com/news/corsair-releases-new-improved-versions-of-rm750-rm850-made-by-cwt

LemonComputers 1 point 32 months ago

I know.

johngerges582 2 points 32 months ago

Then why did you say

The RM (non X or i) is Chicony manufactured.

??? I'm confused.