Decided to rebuild my machine with a new case, a couple added components and improve the looks of the system by giving it a 2019 face lift. Firstly I stripped the whole system down for a complete dust removal, which has not been done in over a year, and it was desperate for it. As for the upgrades and changes, I have kept all the base components the same. If you want to see what it looked like before, I still have the old Snow Storm on my profile.
What I have changed:
- 1: I have removed the 120GB M.2 SSD, 1TB HDD and 2TB HDD.
- 2: Replacing the HDD's with two 1TB SSD's in RAID0.
- 3: Changed the boot drive to a NVMe PCIe SSD.
- 4: Upgraded my steering wheel from the Logitech Driving Force GT to the Logitech G29.
- 5: Added Bluetooth adaptor for my main speakers, and bought a USB-C to USB 3.1 hub.
- 6: Added some white braided cables ~aesthetic~.
- 7: Recently I added a 3rd monitor, a 144Hz 1ms monitor, keeping the original 2.
- 8: Finally I tweaked the fan profiles to make sure the system is dead silent when idling.
- CPU: OC to 4.7GHz @1.32v (adaptive). LLC set to Level 6. XMP sync all cores.
- GPU: +100Mhz core clock, +200Mhz memory clock, +12% power limit, 92C temp limit through NZXT CAM.
- VN247: 74Hz Overclock
- VN247H: 74Hz Overclock
What drive is for what:
- Samsung SSD 970 PRO 512GB: Windows and application's
- Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB (x2 RAID0 2TB): Game's only
- Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB: Recordings (GeForce Instant Replay only)
Note: I have tried my best to match prices from the original purchase price at the time they were bought.
Photos are up to date as of 19/09/2019. Specs and information are up to date as of 19/09/2019.